Type: Full Time
Location: 1 in Summerside, PE & 1 in Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-op with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. These plants process over 110 million litres of fresh quality island milk each year and employ over 250 staff. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. ADL also provides dairy products to markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean. The ADL brand name is one of the most recognizable on PEI. However, the majority of our products are found under retail labels or other commercial brands.
The primary role of the Truck Driver is to deliver milk to major retailers, transport milk and other products to and from various ADL locations on the island, as well as assemble pre-orders.
- Load and unload truck.
- Use handheld device.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Create a safe work environment by ensuring truck and trailer checks are done as required and both are maintained and cleaned.
- Ensure scheduled preventive maintenance is carried out on truck and trailer as required.
- Monitor reefer temperature for food safety program.
- Assemble customer orders.
- Clean empty pallets.
- Other related duties as required.
- 2 years of commercial truck driving experience is preferred.
- Customer service experience.
- Previous delivery experience.
- Good writing and communication skills required.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Class 1A driver’s license required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Human Resources Department
Job Expires:August 24, 2018 4:00pm